Novello Search consultants works tirelessly to build a wealth of market knowledge in all of our vertical sectors.
Our insight into where we see the markets and our appraisal of economic and funding challenges within each of our practice areas provides us with the tools to ensure there is a good pipeline of client mandates and a strong, high quality candidate flow. We do this in such a way that is aligned with the market. This is a continual process.
There is no typical mandate in the world of executive search for CEOs but one thing is for sure; the roles we take on have a mix of the following:
Early Stage and Late Stage Start-ups
– Business Credibility – Having someone stand in as an interim CEO can make a company seem more credible to its bankers, investors, suppliers and clients.
– Managing Growth – Sometimes start-up entrepreneurs run out of steam and need a helping hand from someone with the skills and experience to help them grow their business.
– Optimising Value – Entrepreneurs often have big ideas but little direction, and an experienced interim CEO can help clarify, carry out and capitalise on their concept.
Private Equity and Venture Capital Firms
– Turnaround, M&A, Restructuring – An interim CEO is objective and can see a business from a fresh perspective, helping it plan and schedule more effectively.
– Direction – The current management team may not be able to take the company in the new direction it needs.
– Buying or Selling – Thanks to their experience, an interim CEO can seek out other companies ripe for M&A, steady the ship after a sale or prepare a company for an exit.
– Coaching and Mentoring – When the next generation of a firm is not yet fully prepared to take the reins, an interim CEO can help nurture, direct, guide, teach and build them as a team.
– Consensus Building – Family stakeholders don’t always agree, but an interim CEO can provide unbiased and objective advice to help forge a consensus.
– Succession Planning – An interim CEO can help prepare a company for the next generation taking control, providing a plan for a smooth transition which won’t interrupt the revenue stream.
Our portfolio of clients ranges from PE Funds and their assets; later stage VC-backed companies; family-run firms; other investor-backed businesses through to stand alone corporates in a range of sectors.
We are a knowledge-based recruitment firm with a strong footprint in building out strategic and commercial leadership teams. This is what we do best.
As above our Client base includes but is not limited to:
– PE and VC-Backed Organisations
– FTSE and other European stock market listed businesses
– Family run firms
Our CFO practice covers roles in:
– Transactions / M&A / Sell-Side or Buy-Side
– Strategy & Commercial
– Business Transformation
– Control / Financial Stewardship
– Tax structuring and IP
Novello Search supplies both permanent and interim CEOs and CFOs.
Most of our business is repeat business and much of it comes on the back of recommendations and referrals from many of our clients and candidates alike.
Interim management vacancies are very different from mainstream executive roles. The demand is usually immediate and the contractor is thrown straight into the position and expected to hit the ground running. It is, therefore, critical, that the right interim manager is matched to the right challenge as the wrong hire can be disastrous and jeopardise a successful outcome.
Our Clients include but are not limited to:
– PE and VC-Backed Organisations
– Publicly quoted
– Family run businesses
Our CEO and CFO mandates have covered a real range of challenges:
– Crisis management
– Strategic direction change
– Financial management
– PE asset on-boarding
– Turnaround and restructuring
– Technology implementation
– Morale boosting
– Succession planning
– Pre-or post-merger direction
– Gaining a fresh pair of eyes
– Downsizing or upsizing
Although most of our work is UK-centric, with a significant emphasis on London and the Home Counties, Brexit has brought about a noticeable shift in direction with some of our clients using us for relocation roles to mainland Europe.
Due to the European flavour of our network we can supply to most cities in Western Europe.