Our interim CFOs create value in a number of different areas, such as:
Control / Financial Stewardship
By creating a well-managed controlled environment, an interim CFO can help to protect your business. Due to the highly sensitive nature of internal audits and performance reporting, Novello Search is frequently called upon to source people with a unique skillset.
– Business Process Augmentation
– Implementation/Testing of Compliance Controls
– Improving Internal Audit
– Risk Mitigation
– KPI Reporting
Change can often be disruptive and unwelcome, so it’s important to win the trust and support of staff at the same time as adapting your business to meet future challenges. We can provide you with individuals who are highly experienced in crisis aversion and management, with experience in:
– Restructure, Resize and Reinvigorate
– Undertake Independent Reviews
– Win hearts and minds
– Simplify Complex Issues
– Build Long-term Solutions
Strategy & Commercial
Interim CFOs will challenge the existing modus operandi, bringing fresh ideas and effective execution to the fore. The best CFOs will design and implement new strategies relating to business growth and much more:
– Generating new income streams
– Creating a company vision and inspiring staff
– Enabling stakeholders to take more responsibility
– Seeing projects through to a successful conclusion
– Implementing strategies to cut costs
– Maximising value throughout the company
Transactions / M&A / Sell Side or Buy Side
The exit or the acquisition point is a defining moment when the business fundamentally makes a change. Get it right and everyone benefits; get it wrong and it could be a costly mistake.
Novello Search has access to experienced CFOs who have been through many transactions on both the buy side and sell side, including the full range of structures behind these deals.
Among our network, our CFOs have worked on:
– Getting the business ready to enhance PE ratios
– Identification of targets
– Business strategy
– Networking for a sale/acquisition
– Post-deal integration
Competition for capital on the right terms and good fund raisers to undertake the role is always going to be fierce. Due to the nature of fundraising and the unique skill set required, more often than not the Interim CFO will be called into play.
In many cases, they will have a ‘black book’ of contacts, a previous track record and the technical skills to execute a successful deal.
Whether it’s a debt issue or equity funding, Novello Search supplies interims that can raise capital across the whole life cycle of your business:
– Seed Capital
– Start-up Capital
– Series A, Series B, Series C