Novello Search provides interim CEOs with a unique blend of experience. Each one has industry-specific knowledge and a skill set tuned in to the precise demands of your business. Our interims are adept at:
– Crisis management
– Strategic direction change
– Turnaround and restructuring
– Technology implementation
– Morale boosting among employees
– Succession planning
– Pre-or post-merger direction
– Gaining a fresh pair of eyes
– Downsizing or upsizing
Our clients typically look for interim CEO’s for a broad range of challenges:
Early Stage and Late Stage Start-ups
– Business Credibility – Having someone stand in as an interim CEO can make a company seem more credible to its bankers, investors, suppliers and clients.
– Growth Management – Sometimes start-up entrepreneurs run out of steam and need a helping hand from someone with the skills and experience to help them grow their business.
– Maximising Value – Entrepreneurs often have big ideas but little direction, and an experienced interim CEO can help clarify, carry out and capitalise on their concept.
Private Equity and Venture Capital Firms
– Turnaround, M&A, Restructuring – An interim CEO is objective and can see a business from a fresh perspective, helping them plan and schedule more effectively.
– Direction – The current management team may not be able to take the company in the new direction it needs.
– Buying or Selling – Thanks to their experience, an interim CEO can seek out other companies ripe for M&A, steady the ship after a sale or prepare a company for an exit.
– Coaching and Mentoring – When the next generation of a firm is not yet fully prepared to take the reins, an interim CEO can help nurture, direct, guide, teach and build them as a team.
– Consensus Building – Family stakeholders don’t always agree, but an interim CEO can provide unbiased and objective advice to help forge a consensus.
– Succession Planning – An interim CEO can help prepare a company for the next generation taking control, providing a plan for a smooth transition which won’t interrupt the revenue stream.
There are multiple reasons why a company might choose to hire an interim CEO. An interim CEO can offer the board and shareholders the reassurance and stability they need as they search for the perfect long-term replacement.